“The arts are not only essential to the personal and social development of our youth but they’re a crucial component of a holistic education that will give students the foundation they need to succeed.”
– Congressman Mike Thompson, 5th Congressional District, California
2014-2015 Executive Summary, Full Phase 1 Assessment
In 2013 – 2014 in Phase One, a Leadership Team was created to focus on identifying priority strategic goals. The process, with goals at each stage, identified assets, strengths, gaps and needs of arts education countywide. Assessing the district’s art education programs took precedent in order to move forward for impactful advocacy and planning of arts education. A Steering Committee developed guidelines and drafted the framework for assessing the arts education programs in NVUSD which led to the Arts Education Master Plan, AEMP.
The Arts Education Master Plan, AEMP
- The Napa Valley Unified School District (NVUSD) Arts Education Master Plan (AEMP) is a five-year, visual and performing arts initiative to provide opportunity, access and equity to all students, TK-12.
- The AEMP is the framework for this transformational public school district and private community partnership to continue collaboration.
- The goal is the design and support of an expanded sequential and standards-based, TK-12 curriculum in the disciplines of instrumental music, choral music, visual arts, theatre, dance and media arts.
- All instruction will be supported by relevant professional development and monitored by eff ective assessments and evaluations.
- The AEMP is in alignment with, and supports, the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).